Thursday, January 29, 2015

Lounge wear

I recently found out that Sew it up (Belgian initiative) also has a monthly sew along. As you know I love sew alongs and I also put theirs on my (mental) to do list. Their January theme is lounge wear. I presume that many of you would be delighted by such a theme, an excuse to sew comfy clothes that you can wear a lot. I have a huge pile of (ugly) comfy clothes. I do not like throwing clothes away, many pregnancy trousers and shirts have become my comfy clothes and I have a ton of them. Sewing does not always have to be practical, but somehow it did not feel right to sew new comfy clothes from my precious fabric that I would only be wearing at home while I have a huge pile of clothes suited for that purpose.


After I finished my Project run and play sew along last week I actively started brainstorming, I even asked my husband if he had any ideas. I asked him which lounge clothes he prefers on me and based on his answer I realized I should make some summer lounge wear! In the last weeks I have seen multiple beautiful summer dresses so I am jumping on the summer bandwagon.



I took my pile of woman Ottobres and flipped through all of them and settled on a set of shorts and a sleeveless shirt from 5/2011. For the top I did (as usual) not fully follow the pattern directions. I decided to line the cups with flannel (upcycling from a flannel baby towel) to create more support, left out the button placket and I put in breast darts instead of putting elastic at the top seam as well. The breast darts were a first. I thought home wear would be perfect to practice with and I was right, I need practice. I used a meter of Eline Pellinkhof fabric that I bought myself last year just because it was so pretty (I bought the whole blue line). A meter was just enough (or just not, I had to make an extra seam in the back to ensure enough fabric).


I totally owned the pattern last year and it is clearly for me so I will also link this post up to sew your pattern stash. Besides sew alongs I love being efficient.

I love to hear what you think of my creations. Feel free to leave a comment in the language you prefer (although Google translate might have to assist me if you choose something different than English, German, Dutch or Hungarian).

6 comments:

  1. Leuk! Weer eens wat anders dan wat je tot nu toe hebt genaaid. De top zit perfect, nu wachten tot het zomer wordt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank je Aukje en als we de verwarming wat hoger zetten dan kan het al wat sneller ook :)

      Delete
  2. Brr, ik krijg het er spontaan frisjes van als ik je zie poseren daar. :-) Tof gedaan seg!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Nononsonsmoms, mijn kids dragen het liefst alleen hun ondergoed overdag, dus het is lekker warm bij ons in huis hoor :)

      Delete
  3. Ziet er erg leuk uit, 't stofje past er ook helemaal bij!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank je Jo, ik vind dat het stofje hierin inderdaad goed tot zijn recht komt, ik ben er erg blij mee, want ik wist eigenlijk totaal niet wat het moest gaan worden, dat stofje.

      Delete