Monday, August 1, 2016

Paradise toddler dress



A month ago, Flosstyle organized a Sewing Bee inspired game in their Facebook group. There were three different rounds, but I only participated in the first round. Before we went on holiday (we got back today) I had agreed to that many sewing deadlines that I could not put in the other two assignments (I literally did not want to loose sleep over it). This little fun dress was the result of the first assignment.



The first round's assignment was the most challenging one for me anyway. We had to make a Paradise dress (free pattern from Flosstyle) and we had to stick to the instructions (even the exact modification was chosen)! No free wheeling, improvisation, no hacking, no mash-up, nothing. I did blend sizes, but besides that, I actually followed the instructions, so not like the first time that I made this pattern. I did not win a prize, but the huge smile on my youngest face when she saw the dress was enough any way.



The fabric combi was the same as for this top, still love how well those fabrics go together. Looking back at those pictures from last year, I realize how much the hair of my middle daughter has grown (back) after we put her back on an egg-free diet for her. The dress has a very simple A-line style but is easy to play in.



The level of  detail in the finish was part of the judging process. I changed thread for the hemming and to sew on top of the (hand made) bias, but on the last picture you can see that I was too lazy to change the bobbin thread. That picture was not submitted to the contest though, I only had to submit three.




Feel free to leave a comment in the language you prefer (although Google translate might have to assist me if you choose something different than English, German, Dutch or Hungarian).

8 comments:

  1. Inderdaad, super mooie combinatie van kleuren! Knap dat je je zo aan de regels hebt gehouden ;-) , ik vind hem erg leuk geworden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Het is al weer een maand geleden, dus of het echt helemaal volgens de regels ging weet ik niet meer 100% zeker, maar ik weet wel dat ik keurig alles streek zoals moest in ieder geval.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Vorige keer knipte ik de bandjes net iets te kort, nu werkt het prima!

      Delete
  3. Een meisje en een jurkje om op te eten :-). Hele mooie stof!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dat terwijl ik eigenlijk helemaal op de stof was uitgekeken voor ik de eerst outfit ermee naaide. Toch fijn als je jezelf eens forceert ;)

      Delete
  4. Schattig jurkje. En inderdaad een hele leuke stoffencombinatie.

    ReplyDelete